Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2012 08:00

PowerEdge 4600 How I can fix this?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

May 14th, 2012 13:00

Problem is ... there is no RAID ... no redundancy ... no way to rebuild.  Will need to restore from backup if there was no software RAID either.

990 Posts

May 14th, 2012 09:00

It is time to replace the drive.  When you get a replacement, offline the drive in the controller bios.  Then with the server powered on, replace the drive.  The drive should rebuild back into the array.  If the rebuild doesn't start, then you will have to add the drive as a hotspare and let it rebuild into the array in this manner.

Regards,

May 16th, 2012 14:00

please help me I need to extend the C: volume and Diskpart will not let me, as I can do this?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

May 16th, 2012 15:00

Diskpart cannot do this in 2003/XP, but 2008/Vista and later can.

Dell's ExtPart can do this; it works similarly to Diskpart, but without the limitation of not being used on the C: drive.

ftp.dell.com/.../ExtPart.exe

You can also use a Vista/2008/7 DVD to extend the size of C:, as well as any number of partitioning tools, such as GParted, etc.

In order to extend the size of C:, you MUST first delete any partition that follows it, as it can only be extended into Unpartitioned Space.

990 Posts

May 16th, 2012 15:00

Do you have a xx: partition adjacent to C:\ ?  If so, you will have to back up the data,  delete the partition, then you should be able to extend the C:\ partition in the unallocated space that has been created and then recreate the other partition and restore the data.

You can also use gparted to extend partitons : gparted.sourceforge.net

Regards,

No Events found!