Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2013 17:00

PowerEdge R610 with PERC H700 with three SAS Seagate ST9300605SS

I want to update the HDD firmware on my three SAS drives, CS06 for ST9300605SS, anyone can tell how can I download the latest firmware for these drive?

• 

6.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 17:00

Hello lseibel

I don't show CS06 is available on our site. The version on the site is CS07:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r510?driverId=NFMCR&osCode=WS8R2&fileId=3077593967

Thanks 

July 25th, 2023 10:00

To download the latest firmware for your SAS drives, specifically the Seagate ST9300605SS with firmware CS06, you'll need to visit Seagate's official support website. Here are the steps to find and download the firmware:

1. Go to the Seagate support website: Visit Seagate's official support site at https://www.seagate.com/support/.

2. Product Support: Click on "Product Support" in the top menu to access the product support page.

3. Search for your drive: Enter "ST9300605SS" in the search bar and press Enter. This will display results related to your drive model.

4. Select your drive: From the search results, locate and click on the appropriate drive model "ST9300605SS."

5. Downloads and Documentation: On the drive's support page, you should find a section called "Downloads" or "Firmware," which contains the available firmware updates for the drive.

6. Check for Firmware CS06: Look through the available firmware versions and check if firmware version "CS06" is listed. If it's available, click on the download link to start downloading the firmware.

7. Follow instructions: After downloading the firmware, follow the instructions provided by Seagate to update the firmware on your SAS drives. Make sure to follow the update process carefully to avoid any potential issues.

Please note that firmware updates can be critical for drive performance, reliability, and security. However, updating firmware always carries some level of risk, so ensure you have backups of your data before proceeding with the update. Additionally, if you are unsure about the update process or have concerns about the firmware update, it's always a good idea to consult Seagate's support or seek assistance from a professional.

No Events found!