Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2017 09:00

PowerEdge T710 PERC H200 drivers

Hello - I am installing a clean OS on an old PowerEdge T710 that we are recycling. This machine originally came with Windows Server 2008 installed, however I'm hoping to install Windows Server 2012 on it to give me something a little more modern. I am having trouble tracking down drivers for the integrated PERC H200 RAID controller that work with WS2012 - is anyone able to point me in the right direction or do they even exist? Thanks for your help. Ed

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 25th, 2017 11:00

The downloads available for the H200 if you select 2012 are firmware updates, not drivers. The drivers are built into 2012 media.

You need to boot to CTRL-R/CTRL-C and configure the drives. You either need to configure them in to a RAID array or set them to non-RAID. Until one of those two things are done, the controller is not even advertising a disk to the Windows installer.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 25th, 2017 09:00

They are built into 2012. You will need to configure RAID before drives will be presented to the OS though.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2017 10:00

Hello THEFLASH1932 - you certainly lived up to your name with that speedy response! When I run the 2012 installer the drives are not visible, so I guess what you are saying is that I need to update the drivers before running the Windows installer - is that correct? Is that something I can do from the existing OS or is it done using some special tool during the boot sequence? If it's the former, there are a number of driver updaters available for the T710 / H200 combination - do you know which one I should use? Thanks Ed

14 Posts

December 26th, 2017 10:00

hi j a is non-raid the same as IT mode taht the unraid crowd go on about I am thinking that this firmware update for H200 means no need to attempt to cross flash with LSI firmware.......does this also allow >2tb drives (and what is maximum) 

hope ure enjoying holidays 

No Events found!