Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2012 03:00

Poweredge 1950 6/ir intergrated sas driver for windows 2008 64 bit

I am trying to install server 2008 R2 on my Dell Poweredge 1950, but every method I try comes up with errors.

If I use Ctrl-C on start up to create the raid, windows fails to format the partition I create. Whereas the Dell SBUU fails at 15% (clearing partitions) with an unknown error (helpful).

I am trying to find the correct sas control card drivers for server 2008 R2 so that I can install them before windows trys to format the partition.

Anyone know where I can find them? And if not any other ideas?

Thanks

• 

8.4K Posts

September 6th, 2012 08:00

PhilJSPC,

When you create the array, is it the only one created?

Are you deleting the other arrays and creating fresh?

Also, are you initializing the array after it is created? Depending on drive size this can take awhile. So if you are creating the array, starting the init and then trying to install OS you may run into issues as the initialization has yet to complete.

Now with the driver, the raid driver should be native to the OS media. So you shouldn't need a Dell utility to install, as long as the array is created and initialized prior to install.

Let me know how it goes.

3 Posts

September 6th, 2012 08:00

Thanks for your reply,

I am creating the array fresh and it is the only one. I have had another look and on the built in utility for creating the array, there doesnt seem to be an option for initializing. I select which discs I want to use tell it to create, and then it says it is activated. My only other option is to synchronize the discs.

Phil

• 

8.4K Posts

September 6th, 2012 09:00

Have you tried installing OS with just the 2008 media, or have you only tried with Dell Utilities like BUU?

3 Posts

I have tried using the SBUU versions 7.1 and 6.5 and I have tried setting up the array using ctrl-c on boot and then using the windows disc to create partitions. I tried So both options.

Phil

• 

8.4K Posts

Phil,

Download these 2 files -

ftp.dell.com/.../OM_6.3.1_SMTD_A00.iso.001

ftp.dell.com/.../OM_6.3.1_SMTD_A00.iso.002

Open a command prompt and drill to the folder those files are saved and run this command -

copy /b OM*  OM_631_SMTD_A00.iso

That will merge the 2 files into a single ISO. Boot to that ISO and attempt the install with it.

Let me know how it goes.

No Events found!