Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 21st, 2017 01:00

SMART monitoring on H730

Hello,

I want to monitor the SMART parameters of my disks (under Windows 2012) connected to a H730 controller.

Smartmontools are installed, and the controller and devices are recognized.

However, when trying to get the informations for a disk (smartctl -a /dev/sda) :
- generic informations about controller are displayed
- SMART support is : Unavailable - device lacks SMART capabilities

How can I enable the SMART capabilities of the controller ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 21st, 2017 10:00

Hello

If you would like to monitor the status of the disks connected to one of our PERCs then you can use OpenManage Server Administrator.

Smartmontools are installed, and the controller and devices are recognized.

If you need assistance with that application then I suggest you search the knowledge base or ask on support forums for that application. The first search result of using that application to monitor SMART on a PERC shows that it is possible with the correct command parameters.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

July 21st, 2017 11:00

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

OpenManage is installed on all systems, but how can I transfer informations from OpenManage to my monitoring server (Zabbix) ?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 21st, 2017 11:00

how can I transfer informations from OpenManage to my monitoring server (Zabbix) ?

I have no idea.

You can download the Management Information Base that OMSA uses to translate the OIDs. If your monitoring application supports the installation of MIBs then you can install that MIB and use SNMP to monitor the iDRAC. If you have an older iDRAC that does not support storage monitoring then I suspect you will need to install a local application in the host OS from Zabbix to get the information. That is how OMSA works with our remote monitoring applications like OpenManage Essentials.

The MIB file should be on the server download page under the same systems management section that you download OMSA from.

Thanks

No Events found!