Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

13 Posts

July 2nd, 2020 04:00

T110 II and Server 2008 R2 with PERC H200 Set-Up

Hi all

I have a T110 II with a PERC H200. The controller failed me  so I bought a new one and installed it. I also bought new HDD's the same that where in before. My problem is now: I am unable to install OS Server 2008 R2. 

(1) when booting I get an error showing "Preferred boot device is missing, reconfiguration is suggested. I have been in CTRL C to change the adapter to Raid 1 but it will not save this data.

(2) When I press any Key if will go further and go right up to installation and come up with MS Server 2008 installation. It is asking me for a mass storage driver. If it is the PERC H200 driver then I am trying to add this but it still says it cannot find HDD. When looking at the PERC H200 it shows me the 2 Seagate HDD's which it didn't do before when the old controller was in. As such I do not see a Hardware problem.

What am I doing wrong to get this server installed again?

Please help.

Thx 
Ian

13 Posts

July 21st, 2020 00:00

Hi Marco

So I have updated the Firmware which wasn't easy at all. Had to use Linux to get this done because with Win PE it wasn't even doable. So Firmware is up to date. Problem now is: none of the HDD's are being seen at all. Before I saw them but as said showing wrong type. With the update now I just see the controller but no attached hard disks.

What next?

Thx

Ian

• 

3.5K Posts

July 21st, 2020 08:00

Hello,

so if you go in CTRL C you don't see any physycal disk? Can you try other disks in the same slot?

It can be an hardware issue, but we need to know which part to be replace.

Thanks
Marco

No Events found!