Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 29th, 2017 00:00

T320 with PERC S110 shows Degraded and Failed

I'm getting a Degraded and Failed status for the PERC S110 Controller in Openmanage. 

The Degraded status is for a RAID 1. The Failed status is for Non-RAID. 

There are 2 physical 500 GB disks. I have updated all firmware using Lifecycle Controller. It's running the latest driver for the PERC S110. I've already powered off, unplugged both drives, booted up. Powered down, plugged both drives up and powered up, but still shows Degraded and Failed on the S110.

I have 2 partitions. 

Drive C- OS - Backup working

Drive D - Data - Backup failing with an IO Error using Storagecraft. 

Anyone have some ideas what is going on. Goal is to get Drive D functional so the backups work and to clear the Degraded and Failed status. 

Thanks,

• 

8.4K Posts

July 31st, 2017 07:00

Theel1997,

When the S110 detects a drive not part of the Raid configuration it is seen as a Non-Raid virtual disk mode. Normally the process you will need to do, if the hdd failed and you replaced it, would be to delete that virtual disk before you can do anything with the new drive. Have you replaced any drives, or is it still the original 2 drives. If so then once deleted you should be able to assign that replacement as a hotspare and it will rebuiild. First can you confirm if any drives have been replaced? If original drives, then what is the status of each of the Physical Disks, Online, Ready, failed, etc?

Let me know.

21 Posts

July 31st, 2017 17:00

We just took over IT so no idea if the 2 drives have been replaced, but I can tell you that both drives are from 2012.  There are only 2 drives installed both configured in RAID 1. I'm still not clear on why it shows under virtual disk Failed for Non-RAID.

The physical disks.

One shows 'Ready' and one shows 'Online'.

This is what I want to do:

Install 2 2 TB disks. Create RAID 1 in OpenManage. Migrate the data to the new RAID 1.

If I do this step, what is the correct way to create the new RAID 1 with the 2 TB disks?

21 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 15:00

I'm planning on being onsite tomorrow and just need to make sure I get this setup correctly. I'm going to install 2 additional 2 TB drives. Then I can use Openmanage to create another RAID 1. How would I create the RAID 1. I don't understand the virtual disks in Openmanage.

Thanks,

No Events found!