Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

October 31st, 2019 16:00

disappeared disk volume

Hello,

I have a R740xd server running SQL server on it and has H740p Mini raid controller.
Few days ago, all disk volumes that are managed by raid controller has disapeared, and found PERC H740P Mini driver alert - yello mark - in device manager.

1572070149813 (1).jpg

couldn't find any relevant logs from windows event view, so I tried to reboot the server but it didn't work.
After I deleted H740P Mini driver from device manager and reboot the server, it came back.

Driver version of H740p was 7.700.51.00 , firmware 50.3.0-1022
I already updated driver and firware to 7.705.13.0 , 50.5.0-2819_A06.1 as this version marked "urgent"

I was wondering what can be caused this problem so i can avoid same problem in the future.

thank you in advance.

• 

6.2K Posts

November 1st, 2019 11:00

Hello

The last two driver releases addressed high I/O causing issues that could lead to system crashes or loss of access to data. If that occurred then it should have produced errors. I would review the logs again, there should be something logged if the driver state changed. If you are able to locate that message in the logs then I would set up whatever monitoring you are using to alert on that message.

Thanks

2 Posts

November 4th, 2019 16:00

Thank you Daniel for your reply, 

I wonder what logs should i look for, would it be windows event logs or iDrac lifecycle logs? 

I can see some of logs from windows event logs, not sure if it's relevant though. 

Kind Regards, 

• 

6.2K Posts

November 6th, 2019 09:00

Driver status changes would be operating system logs. I doubt what you experienced would be logged anywhere except the operating system.

No Events found!