Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2017 01:00

Add or Replace Exisitng VGA Card PowerEdge R230 for 4K Resolution

WTA

Can I, Add new VGA Card for PowerEdge R230 with another VGA Card that Support 4K Resolution?

Or Can I Replace the Exisitng VGA Card with other VGA Card that support 4K Resolution?

I Have issue with my Monitor Resolution any R230 that cant handle 4K Resolution,

R230 Native VGA Card only support maximum Full HD Resolution, and when the display didn't match the resolution it becomes blurry

Waiting for Your Answer

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 10th, 2017 06:00

You can't "replace" the existing one with another because the existing one is not a card - it is integrated into the motherboard. You might be able to put a card into the server, but there are not tested/validated cards, so it will be up to you to find one, possibly through some trial and error, so buy from a vendor with a good return policy.

Why do you need 4k on a server?!

3 Posts

April 11th, 2017 07:00

my Dell R230 used for Operator HMI mimic that require 4K resolution because of software HMI mimic Resolution

Do you have any information about dell Poweredge Rackmount Server that support native re4K/UHD Resolution ? I want to buy new one

Btw

Thankyou Very Much 

So Helpful

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 11th, 2017 08:00

There is not a Dell server that "supports" native or add-in 4k graphics. That doesn't mean it won't work, just that none of them are designed for it.

For what you are doing, the Precision line of workstations, not servers, is the way to go:

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-desktops

1 Message

October 31st, 2017 16:00

Hello everyone,

I am currently facing a similar problem, i need to handle at least two FHD screens, so if anyone has tried a graphics card on this server successfully, please let me know.

Thanks!

No Events found!