Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 30th, 2015 04:00

After the bios update "System Services" not working R510

I updated the Bios on R510, the system starts normally and boots ino Windows, but when I try to go to " System Services" it hangs with the message "Entering Systems Services...Starting Unified Server Configurator". I tried to reset the iDrac based on "dcgraybea" suggestion but didn't helped.

Do you have any solution how to get into the "System Services"?

9 Posts

October 3rd, 2015 06:00

The admin fixed the issue, he said the problem was with the bios,  I have EMC version of the bios/server so he downloaded and flashed the relevant version. Everything work fine now.

• 

8.4K Posts

September 30th, 2015 11:00

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2015 11:00

Hello.

The System Services may be disabled. To enable System Services, press F2 during boot to enter into System Setup. On the setup screen, select iDRAC Settings and then select System Services and enable. Ensure that the iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller (LCC) firmware is up todate as well.

9 Posts

September 30th, 2015 14:00

Thank you for the quick reply,

System Services were enabled, iDrac is running on latest firmware and I updated Lifecycle Controller too.

I have to unplug the power because every time when I try to restart the server after unsuccessful enter to the "System Services"  it's trying to go to the System Services again and it hangs.

I tried to disable the the System Services in iDrac and restart, then reenable, but it goes to the System Services again and it hangs again.

I was waiting more than hour to see if some message pops up, but nothing.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2015 15:00

Hello.

On boot up, hit Ctrl+E and reset the iDRAC to default and try again. If this doesn not work, drain system flea power by pressing and holding power button for about 15 seconds. Power ON the system and wait.

9 Posts

September 30th, 2015 16:00

Hi,

I have reset the iDrac and did the flea power. On the fist startup it showed the progress bar when it's loading the System Service and it hanged approx on 20%. 

After the next restart it didn't showed the progress bar, just hangs.

Just wondering if I put the old firmware 1.8.2 back, will that solve the issue?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 1st, 2015 11:00

Hello.

Flash the Lifecycle Controller firmware. There is communication lost with the system BIOS. 

9 Posts

October 1st, 2015 17:00

Hi,

I have flashed the Lifecycle Controller Firmware 1.7.5.4 from Windows 2012, still cant go to the System Services.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2015 08:00

Access the System Services and allow the system to sit for 10 - 20 minutes. Do you see something resembling this;

Entered Binding start
About to do get AdapterAdapter VendorID : 1000
Adapter DeviceID : 58
Adapter SubVendorID : 1028
Adapter SubDeviceID : 1F10
MPIQueueCommand : Timeout! 

If so, then it is likely that a 3rd party device is attached to the server, whose identification the BIOS can not resolve. If this is the case then remove that 3rd party device and then attempt to boot to System Services again. 

9 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 09:00

Hi Robert,

I removed 1 hard drive, keyboard, mouse, still it hangs, I was waiting over 30 minutes (still waiting).

9 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 09:00

I included screenshots, not sure if that will make any difference.

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2015 10:00

Hello.

I see nothing conclusive in the screen shots. Attempt running the Lifecycle Repair Package from link: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02954560M/1/LC_Repair_Package_1.7.5.4_A00.usc 

You shall run the package via the iDRAC Firmware Update page. Go to Overview ->iDRAC Settings ->

Updates and Rollback

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2015 12:00

Yes, you can. Consider also rolling back the BIOS to the last working version. Let me know whether this will help.

9 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 12:00

I have updated the Lifecycle Controller with the repair package. Still the System Services are not working.

I had 1.5.1.11 before I updated to 1.7.5.4,can I roll back?

9 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 14:00

I downgraded the Lifecycle Controller Firmware to 1.5.1.57, but System service was not working. I tried do downgrade the Bios to 1.8.2. I ran the updater from Windows but after the restart I still had the 1.99. I repeated the process again with the System Services off but the Bios stayed untouched.

No Events found!