Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RG

3 Posts

October 4th, 2022 13:00

Ampere A2 half height brackets

I have R7515 2u server with 2 full height and 2 half height slots.

I have placed 2 single port 100gb fiber, (ordered 2 dual ports but never got and still on waiting list) that are full height... 

I either need a half height for the network, or the half height for the video card. currently would be easier for the video card... 

below is link to the card we have. 

NVIDIA Ampere A2, PCIe, 60W, 16GB Passive, Single Wide, Full Height GPU, Customer Install | Dell USA

this thread is focused on getting the video card half height bracket

Anyone know where we can get one? or who to talk to... Dell has given the run around and still can't find any.. 

• 

3.4K Posts

October 5th, 2022 02:00

Hi @Richard.G,

The NVIDIA Ampere A2 card is a full height card, which will need a full height bracket. It will not be able to fit into a low profile bracket. 

October 5th, 2022 07:00

@DELL-Joey C , 

I have 6 of these cards on hand, they are absolutely half-height or low profile cards.

The description from dell (link above) - "Featuring a low-profile PCIe Gen4 card and a low 40-60W configurable thermal design power (TDP) capability, the A2 brings versatile inference acceleration to any server for deployment at scale"

a2-datasheet.pdf (nvidia.com) - Nvidia datasheet states low profile.

This is a low-profile card, and can fit in a low profile slot... I need the $4 brackets??? 

• 

3.7K Posts

October 5th, 2022 08:00

Hello Richard.G,

We have two part numbers available for the low profile card:

PN# 490-BHMD        

NVIDIA Ampere A2, PCIe, 60W, 16GB Passive, Single Wide, Low Profile GPU, Customer Install

PN# 490-BHVQ        

NVIDIA Ampere A2, PCIe, 60W, 16GB Passive, Single Wide, Low Profile GPU,V2, Customer Install

We do not have individual part numbers for the bracket. Maybe NVIDIA may be able to assist you.

1 Message

January 13th, 2023 16:00

Hey Richard I’m dealing w the same issue as you. Any luck? I can contact them next week and reply to the thread. I haven’t found any parts online..

February 3rd, 2023 14:00

No have not found any brackets, we are pivoting to purchasing half-height network cards with dual ports, moving the current single full height cards out of the full height slots. 

it's a PITA, but they don't support cards in half-height slots. 

No Events found!