Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2007 20:00

BSOD Poweredge 1950 - W2K3 R2 - Citrix

I have 3 identical configured 1950 with 4 gig ram on a raid 1 SAS controller.

all 3 machine do a random reboot at various times during the day.  Some will stay up days at a time before the reboot.

The error code i get is:
error code 1000008e
parm 1 c00000005
parm 2 8087bcf2
parm 3 98f594fc
parm 4 00000000

i have done extensive research on the web, google and citrix and ms.  and have come up with nothing to resolve the errors. 

Any assistance would be great.  thanks.

February 21st, 2007 14:00

I have three 1950's with the PERC5 SAS controller and 2Gb of RAM. I'm also seeing lot's of hardware problems. Two of the three have locked up with the display showing amber and "CPU 1 E1410 IERR". I've also had one of those two just basically go off in the weeds in terms of OS stability (i.e. lot's of strange behavior followed by lockups). I'm running CentOS 4.4. These machines are straight out of the box too. Anybody else seeing these kinds of problems with the 1950? Dave

1 Message

May 3rd, 2007 12:00

just purchased a 2950 poweredge and i am having the same problem.  i think from the problems are video related.  how so?  well i purchased an omniview device that connects the KVM for multiple servers.  the server has connections on the back and the front.  i have 6 servers connected at one time and for some reason i connected a second monitor to the front of a unit.  well that seemed to screw things up for me.  once i rebooted the server, because it locks up, i disconnected the omniport and went with just a standard setup , 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, 1 screen....it worked fine. 

May 3rd, 2007 16:00

My problem ended up being the video driver.

For whatever reason, the driver in CentOS for that chip has a bug that can lock up the bus. I took the advice of the upper level tech support guys at Dell and forced the video driver to the lowly VESA driver. Never had a lockup like that again afterwards. Since it's just a console head, I had no problems using the VESA driver.
No Events found!