Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Basic Remote Management possibilities on T20 server

Hello,
We have bought a T20 server. I would like to use a convencional basic remote functions etc. power on/ power off /reboot/ watch hardware healthy and remote console. Can someone tell it possible to use these functions on T20? What should i do?

Thx

• 

8.8K Posts

July 31st, 2015 11:00

Hadosoft,

Unfortunately the remote functionality of the T20 is very limited. This is due to the server being designed as the most economical server option available. With the price savings you get, you also lose the remote management ability. Hardware wise the T20 is not that different from a desktop system, where as it is greatly different than most Poweredge models. One of those differences is the lack of a BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) as well as not having an iDrac (Dell Remote Access Card). Sorry that the answer likely isn't what you were wanting to hear. 

Let me know if this helps clarify things for you.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2015 15:00

Thank you for reply. This really total frustration. This machine has installed for a low budget company. All of server was used in mine practice has something remote management: iLO, BMC... I didn't expect that there is modern server where doesn't contain any remote control. This situation ***. :( Unfortunatelly, there has not wrote clearly in guide.

No Events found!