Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2019 23:00

Bios Update Dell r730xd

Hi Dell Community, I downloaded the old and latest version of my dell r730xd bios version. When I try to upload the file from my idrac settings > Update and Rollback > Update, Choose File, Upload > Once completed the status "Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is not in the target system inventory". What does status means? Even I try the lower version up to the latest but the same status result. Cheer! \m/

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 13th, 2019 07:00

I've seen this happen in two circumstances. The first being in the case of a large upgrade in firmware. The second is if the iDRAC is lagging behind the BIOS target version. If you've tried multiple BIOS updates, I would try flashing the iDRAC. The current iDRAC version is 2.63.60.61. What version is the server running? Also, do you have a link to the file you are using to try to update?

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 14th, 2019 14:00

I would go ahead and update the iDRAC.

Let me clarify my last question: do you have a link to the webpage where you downloaded the update from the Dell website?

June 13th, 2019 19:00

Hi DylanJ, thank you for your reply.

1. The first being in the case of a large upgrade in firmware.

2. The second is if the iDRAC is lagging behind the BIOS target version. Ans. I dont think the iDRAC is lagging since, when I go to the other iDRAC menu and its functioning. There is no system logs errors either firmware or hardware log error.

3. If you've tried multiple BIOS updates, Ans. I did not try to install the updates, only I was stuck in upload bios update since the status message result to "Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is not in the target system inventory". Also I try to upload from the oldies firmware and current firmware but the result is the same.

3.1 I would try flashing the iDRAC. The current iDRAC version is 2.63.60.61. What version is the server running? Ans. My iDRAC Firmware version installed: 2.40.40.40

4. Also, do you have a link to the file you are using to try to update? Ans. Target location is the Local Volume Drive. Thanks, \m/

June 16th, 2019 20:00

Issue resolved.
1. Upgrade first sa iDRAC.

2. Upgrade Bios per level of version.

3. Once completed, upload the current bios version and sas-raid firmware to the latest then install and reboot.

fix my issue.

Thanks for the help.

No Events found!