Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

May 21st, 2018 13:00

Boot from PCIe SSD on PowerEdge R320 server?

I have a PowerEdge R320 server and I'm trying to upgrade it using ssd in M2 format connected via PCIe slot, but when I install the drive, the system doesn't recognize it. In the documentation I found a list of supported devices, and, of course, my ssd is not there, but there are corresponding options in the BIOS. "BIOS system - Integrated Devices - Slot Disablement" I can switch to "Boot driver Disable". So, if I can disable the boot from PCIe, I can enable it:smileyindifferent:. Unfortunately, the "Enable" option is on, but the system doesn't  see this disk. How do I know if my motherboard supports this feature, or why the corresponding option is in the BIOS, but PCIe not determine the disk, or maybe I misunderstood the BIOS option?

• 

8.5K Posts

May 21st, 2018 14:00

Hi,

If it isn’t on the validated devices it probably is not going to work, our newer servers had a lot more options for booting to PCIe.

2 Posts

May 21st, 2018 23:00

Hi, Josh! thanks for the answer!
So, is there any way to check it 100%? I mean, the server is old, but maybe this was added in the firmware updates? What is the necessary option for booting from PCIe?

• 

8.5K Posts

May 22nd, 2018 09:00

No Events found!