Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2015 07:00

Catalog on ftp.dell.com broken?

Hi all,

when trying to update one of our PER620 servers using Lifecycle controller I'm getting the error message

Unable to install the Update Packages. (SUP0531)

for downloading the catalog from ftp.dell.com as well as for a local SUU that I created on Friday using the Dell Repository manager.

I found an old entry here in the forum that stated this was happening in 2013 due to a broken catalog on the Dell site:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19503561

Is it possible, that the catalog is broken again?

Btw, the Repository manager now indicates that a new catalog would be available, but fails to download it.

Best regards,
Karsten

4 Posts

March 18th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

I created an SUU ISO with the new catalog and the process described above. It's a bit strange, that the current plugin creates an ISO with rockridge extensions that sets UID=400, GID=401 and user only access rights on the repository path, but mounting with -o norock works to make it readable for everybody (don't try -nojoliet as well, because that would result in 8.3 filenames).

Now I can update the systems from the local image without problem.

I think the catalog from last week was indeed broken and the replaced one from Monday afternoon now just works again as expected.

Best regards,

Karsten

• 

8.8K Posts

March 16th, 2015 11:00

Ksuehring,

I don't think this is caused by the same issue. I have seen this happen due to the custom catalog being created by Dell Repository Manager (DRM), but a System Bundle of the custom list of DUPs wasn't also being defined before the "Save" button is clicked, and the Catalog.xml and accompanying DUP files are created.

After filtering and choosing specific DUPs in the Components tab you must then select all DUPs listed and click on the "+ New Bundle" button to then "bundle" those DUPs into a set. Without this step the Catalog.xml file is missing certain target system information required by the Lifecycle Controller as well as OME.

Let me know if this is what you are seeing.

4 Posts

March 18th, 2015 06:00

Hi Chris,

thanks for the reply.

I noticed a while ago, that after creating a custom repository, the system bundles still existed, but did not have any of the components linked to them. Is this, what you are referring to? I was wondering if this a a bug which was not noticed for a few version now, or if this was intended behavior?

Anyway, I made the SUU export directly from the Dell online catalog by creating a filter on my system types and Win32 architecture, selecting all system bundles and pressing the Export-Button. Then I selected "export as SUU to directory" and copied the repository directory to my FTP server, which I selected in Lifecycle controller. Previously (I guess with repository manager up to version 1.7) I did the the same based on my local repository and with an SUU ISO file.

I noticed that updating directly from ftp.dell.com started working again on late Monday afternoon (CET). And the repository manager finally succeeded in downloading the updated Online Catalog today, which refers to v532 Bundles instead of v531 in the previous version. In general ftp.dell.com seems not too reliable at the moment. I got errors like

Downloader.Download: [WebException][Downloader] -> [Download File] -> The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.: ftp.dell.com/sysman/DRMVersion.cab

or

CheckCatalog.GetPublishDate: The operation has timed out

(In the logs).

I also notice that LC on my 11G R410 system only complained that the signature on the catalog was broken and than succeeded to install packages from the local SUU. As noted before, LC on the 12G R620 was fine with the catalog, but did not install the packages.

If you think, my process should work, I can try again with the updated catalog.

Best regards,
Karsten

4 Posts

March 18th, 2015 08:00

(Hmm, not sure, if my last post got eaten up by the forum software or may re-appear later. sorry for potential duplicates.)

Hi,

I created an SUU ISO with the new catalog and the above described process. This worked fine and I can update the servers from the local repository now. I guess, the catalog from last week was indeed somehow damaged and the version from Monday fixed the problem.

The only strange thing that I noticed is that the Repository Manager SUU plugin now creates an ISO with Rockridge extensions, which have UID=400, GID=401 and user only access on the repository directory. Mounting with -norock allows access for all users, but was an additional step.

Best regards,
Karsten

No Events found!