Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2016 12:00

Compare Poweredge 11th Gen.

Hello Guys\Girls,

So currently I have an R710 in my home lab. The noise of this is fine and does not bother me.

I am interested in adding a R310. What is the noise level of this in comparison?

This is just a general query!

• Spec of R710 is 1XCpu = 4fans at 3600RPM at a constant 20-21C room.

The sole for this is purely learning. I am not interested in buying support or the latest gen.

Thank you, Your responses are valued. I would like people input as well as Dell please.

• 

3.4K Posts

January 28th, 2016 19:00

Hey apcroote,

Noise comparison, relatively is subjective on the usage of servers. Base on how you mention, it's purely learning, probably I'll say R310 would have more noise. As it is a 1U server, spacing of the server will be dense, therefore heat dispense will be much lesser. Fan will spin more compared to R710. Not forgetting, size of fan in R310 are 1/2 the size of R710.

Though, R710 has more slots for hardware, when it comes to full utilization compared to R310, that depends on usage, and noise level will be different. Current situation of yours, R310 will have more noise.

28 Posts

January 29th, 2016 00:00

Hello Joey,

Thank you for your response.

That clears some things up.

I guess Ill look for something around the R510 or R710 lines.

Just wanted something small and quite to act as my firewall. The R210 was an option but go for silly prices at the min.

• 

3.4K Posts

January 31st, 2016 23:00

Hey apcroote,

That is true. There are things to consider, and to clarify what is the criteria. Functionality of the server should be sufficient with size of the server, but there are too, disadvantages of smaller size server and advantages too.

To bare in mind, one things that a server can't really have is silent fan.

No Events found!