Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

May 20th, 2020 10:00

DELL PowerEdge 630 IDRAC RAC0501,RAC0503 error

Hi, I have this error message showing up when I click storage on IDRAC:

RAC0501: There are no physical disks to be displayed. 1. Check if the host system is powered off or shutdown. 2. Check if the physical disks are inserted into the enclosure or attached to the backplane. 3. There are no out-of-band capable controllers detected.

And when I click other options underneath storage(physical disk, virtual disk, etc..), it gives me this error:

RAC0503: There are no out-of-band capable controllers to be displayed. Check if the host system is powered off or shutdown.

I have tried resetting IDRAC from Quick Launch task, however it is still showing me the same error.

I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with any solutions.

2.9K Posts

May 20th, 2020 14:00

Are you seeing any other errors with the server, or just reporting? If you're only seeing a reporting issue, I would begin by flashing the iDRAC firmware. If that doesn't work, I would shut the server down, remove the controller, power it up, allow POST to complete, power down, reinstall it, and power up. 

Installing the iSM (iDRAC Service Module), if it isn't already installed, may help as well.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 20th, 2020 22:00

which storage controller you have on the server? 

iDRAC only support inventory and monitoring on PERC and HBA controller

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/ai/en/aibsdt1/idrac8-lifecycle-controller-v2.70.70.70/idrac8_2.70.70.70_ug/supported-controllers?guid=guid-2684848c-5cb7-40be-9269-6b9dbb01ed49&lang=en-us

If you have supported storage controller on your server can you ensure you have latest FW on storage controller and iDRAC. Also try after rebooting the server and iDRAC

4 Posts

January 25th, 2021 14:00

So, If I don't have any RAID controller and have my single Hard drive connected to the motherboard, then the disks will not show up ?

I see this error :: RAC0501: There are no physical disks to be displayed. 1. Check if the host system is powered off or shutdown. 2. Check if the physical disks are inserted into the enclosure or attached to the backplane.

nodisk.jpg

• 

3.6K Posts

January 25th, 2021 16:00

Hi, connecting directly to the board wouldn't work. Please refer to what Shine says above in the previous comment. Thank you and have a good one.

4 Posts

March 4th, 2021 07:00

I installed a Dell PERC H330 Raid controller with 3 SSDs in RAID5 config, and it a'' came up, I see the controller and disks correctly.

Thank you.

storage.jpg

No Events found!