Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2011 10:00

DRAC 4/p firmware

Hi there

I have been looking for the firmware for a DRAC 4/p but cant find it. i seem to be going round in circles on the dell site and wondered if any one knew where i could get the latest firmware release.

The card is installed on a PE 850 and i have looked at the drivers, there are some drac files there but thats for the drac5 card aparently which i cant see posible as the connections do not exist on the PE 850 (oviously ) as it is not a 9th gen server.

A link to the latest firmware would be grate, thanks for you time

• 

8.8K Posts

September 12th, 2011 10:00

The Drac 4/p firmware is located here :

Let us know if you need any additional information.

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 17:00

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2011 19:00

The best place (sometimes the only place) to find the correct firmware - firmware that will work for actual devices in your system, is the Drivers and Downloads page for your system at support.dell.com.

I'm not sure how Chris came up with the one in his link, as it is to an older version (1.41).  The latest version is 1.75, and the link to the different formats can be found here, as found as directed above:

2 Posts

November 4th, 2011 09:00

The reason I posted was I just stumbled upon this thread, and knew the original link was for an older version, as my DRAC 4 was showing version v1.65 (or was it 1.68?) with a date of June 9th, 2009.

If you do some Googling, I believe you will also find references to other 1.5x & 1.6x versions which are not listed as a result of the query link I previously posted.

Note 1: to any Dell staff, this is not the first time I've had difficulty / inconsistencies with information on the Dell site.  Sometimes the only way to get what I need seems to be if somebody is nice enough to include a direct link to what I need.

Note 2: In the case of the DRAC 4, I believe it's related to the 'slash' in the model # (DRAC 4/P, DRAC 4/I, etc).

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

November 4th, 2011 09:00

Never use Dell's search box ... it is almost as useless as their "Download Manager" - not for sales/purchase, not for documentation, and not for downloads.  Google is also not the best source of driver and firmware updates for your server.  Go directly to the support.dell.com, Drivers and Downloads, choose your model (or enter your Service Tag), and  you will be given access to all the drivers, firmware, utilities, and applications that are relevant for the hardware in your system, including older versions of all the above-mentioned downloads.

No Events found!