Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 08:00

Dell M1000e enclosure "CMC not responding"

Hi all,

We have an urgent issue with a Dell M1000e enclosure. Suddenly in Saturday it stopped working and it’s showing “CMC not responding in LCD display”.

All the servers and switches are off and not turning on. The CMCs are repeatedly  trying to be active (blue lights from one goes to other) but not working.

Fans and power supply all working at fool load.

We had a spare CMC and we switched it with the old on but we have the same problem. I think that it has to do something internal with the enclosure.

We have  a spare enclosure (not used) and we though if we can take everything from the old enclosure to the new one. Will any of the information be lost ?

Could you please advise if you think anything else is the problem and if you have any idea how can we fix it ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Kushtrim

• 

8.8K Posts

July 8th, 2015 12:00

KushtrimMorina,

When you are getting the error is the amber light blinking, off, or on steady? I ask as that can change what we are looking at. If the amber light is solid on, or off then review the hardware log using the GUI or RACADM commands. Look for a message that states: "Can not communicate with LCD controller." If you see this then Reseat the LCD module ribbon cable, and see if the error clears afterwards. If it is blinking then remove one of the CMC's,and then reseat the other. Then reset the installed CMC using RACADM commands and see if it recovers. 

Let me know how it goes.

P.S. I also responded on your Spiceworks post as well.

No Events found!