Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

October 19th, 2018 06:00

Dell PE T320 hangs

I have a client with a Dell PE T320 with Windows 2012 R2 Standard.

The server has just been hanging, no errors, blank display, and all power lights are on, but no HD activity.

After a hard reset the system comes to the CPLD and asks for F1 to continue or F2 for setup. 

Selecting F1 to continue the systems boots normally but the date has been changing to the exact same date and time the 4 or 5 times this happens. August 2nd 2018 8:30AM.

This process will repeat itself.

• 

6.2K Posts

October 19th, 2018 09:00

Hello

I suggest looking through the logs for errors and warnings. If you are getting an F1 prompt then there should be some type of error. The F1 prompt is a stop on error.

If you would like further assistance from the community then I suggest providing more detail to reduce the number of assumptions someone has to make. For instance, I'm assuming that you are talking about the clock inside the operating system not changing. If that is the case I would check the BIOS clock to see if it is stuck as well.

You can also run diagnostics to try to locate the problem. If you cannot find the source of the problem through logs or diagnostics then I would try to find out if any changes were made around the time this issue started. If that still does not provide a direction to go then you should start removing unnecessary hardware to narrow down the cause. The issue is likely hardware, but you should test in another operating system to be sure.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

November 1st, 2018 05:00

Thank you for the response. Oddly, the problem stopped occurring for about a week and then started again.

I did mean the OS clock was going back in time after the reboot.

The server hung again last night and when it was booted back up this morning, the date was Oct. 25 and the time was only a few minutes off.

The Windows logs do not give any indication of the issue and the Openmanage logs are generic at best with a Stop error around the time of the issue.

I agree that it looks like a hardware issue. I was just not sure what diagnostics to run when the problem is not predictable.

Thank you.

Error after rebootError after reboot

No Events found!