Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2013 01:00

Dell PowerEdge Generation ll Power Supply troubleshooting Process--failed power supply

I have a Dell 2900 Generation ll that has 1 have the power supplies(PS) that is failing. The position of the PS is number 1 Online Status: Presence Detected Failure Detected AC Lost. I bought a replacement PS but when I insert the PS into slot 1 I receive the same error message. I know the PS that I bought has a replacement works fine since I watched it power up another server. So what I am looking for here is the process that is used to troubleshooting the exact problem. I have already looking through the dell docs for the PowerEdge 2900 but was not able to find the process that is used for this type of problem. The server is running with WSE 2012 on it and it is an active server connected to Office 356 Enterprise.

990 Posts

December 27th, 2013 06:00

I would start by clearing the System Event Logs, either through OpenManage or in the Ctrl E bios.  Restart the server, the error message should be cleared.  Page 56-57 of the user's guide describes the process: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v6.5_User%27s%20Guide4_en-us.pdf

Regards,

8 Posts

December 28th, 2013 22:00

After downing the Dell OpenMange Application & Installing I cleared all message (saved to Log Folder) but the error still present. Can anyone tell me if dell is using VRMs to manage each of this PS unites? If so were are they located and what is the process for verifying if this is the problem? thanks

1 Message

December 1st, 2021 06:00

Hi Brackmr, did you solve this problem? I have the exact same problem on a PE R730. Thanks a lot for any help you can give - Paul.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

December 1st, 2021 15:00

Hello Paul, 

You're more than welcome to work directly with the community, but I did want to acknowledge your post. If you'd like to work with one of us, we're happy to assist. We would need more information to do so, but I wanted to extend the offer, if you're interested.

No Events found!