Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

April 17th, 2018 01:00

Dell Poweredge server 2950 RAID configurations cleared accidentaly,

Dell Poweredge server 2950 RAID configurations cleared accidentally.

This server was working with 6 SAS HDDs with RAID1 configuration.

today 1 drive is failed and from that time server is not booting up, when i checked RAID settings in BIOS, its showing there is no RAID configuration, and showing 5 Physical drives in ready state and 1 physical drive having Failed status.

Please suggest me any valid solution for this problem, i dont want to loose my data saved in remaining drives.

that is very important data for me..

Any solution in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Irfan Meo

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 17th, 2018 07:00

Irfanmeo,

The process you will need to perform is called a Retag. A retag is essentially the process of recreating the Virtual Disk as it was previously, but without initializing the Virtual Disk.You will need to do the following;

1. Create a new Virtual Disk using the same stripe, RAID level, and member disks as before. 
  2. Do NOT initialize the Virtual Disk when you create it. An initialization is a low level format that will wipe the data
  3. Before you leave the controller BIOS you will need to OFFLINE, or remove, the replacement disk. If you boot up the system with that drive online it will corrupt the Virtual Disk, as it has no data on it. 
  4. Boot up the server and check to see if the data is present.
  5. If the data is not present then let me know here, if it is present then you can insert the replacement drive and it should start rebuilding. 

Let me know how it goes
No Events found!