Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2012 05:00

Dell SUU 7.0.0 suulauncher not working

Hello,

I've just downloaded the new Dell SUU 7.0.0 iso-file. Trying it on different servers (R610, R710) I've encountered the problem that suulauncher.exe is running forever but not really doing anything. After checking the log-files in c:\dell\... I found a xml-parser error for the catalog.xml in the repository folder of the dvd.

Anyone heard about that? Is there a new iso available? I've already checked the full iso and the 3 iso-file-parts, same problem with both.

Thanks in advance.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 13:00

Pascal, I usually use this tool, its free and works great. http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/content/md5-hash

In your posting, you stated that you say "NO to repository manager", that you see this message is a problem in itself. This means that SUU doesnt recognize your system. Please try downloading this bios file for the R610 and run it on your system to see what it says. if it works, your system is ok and you most likely have a corrupted iso. if the bios doesnt work, I highly recommend you call tech support.  Below is the iso to SUU 7.1, After you download it, use the hash tool to verify the MD5 or SHA1 hash, it should match exactly.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r610?DriverId=D62WH&FileId=2993551213&DriverName=Server%20Update%20Utility%20(SUU)%207.1.0&urlProductCode=False

MD5:
SHA1:
d6cafb2d9a46d3a3babbb2f0d1922675
cdfd5d5c3acfc864e7dcb470d44d413d08677df1
OM_710_SUU_FULL_ISO_A00.iso
OM_710_SUU_FULL_ISO_A00.iso

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

July 11th, 2012 08:00

Pascal, what OS are you running on those systems, and did you verify the hash value for the iso after downloading it?

990 Posts

July 11th, 2012 08:00

Good morning.  If you are running OpenManage, stop the services for OpenManage and try to launch the SUU again.  It appears the services may be causing the problem you are experiencing.  

Regards,

4 Posts

July 13th, 2012 10:00

Thanks for the anwers. I'll try to contact the admin for Dell Openmanage Essentials and ask him to stop that service... Maybe it works.

@Rey: We are currently running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Tried a few different md5-check-tools but all with different results, quite funny. Do you know a reliable one?

I'll defenitely post the answer here, if we find a solution :-)

4 Posts

July 26th, 2012 01:00

Problem is still not solved, that's what we tried in the meantime:

created a new dvd, took another R610 server, stopped all "DSM SA..."-services, disconnected all network connections and started suulauncher.exe. After answering the question "repository manager..." with "NO", we still have the same problem that suulauncher.exe is running for hours and doing nothing. It is only showing the suulauncher startup screen with the running yellow boxes.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 Posts

August 7th, 2012 07:00

Problem solved. We found out, that all packages bigger than around 1 GB are somehow damaged by whatever our network administrators configured in the last weeks.

We downloaded the package from another location (the 3 small pieces of around 1.6GB), checked the checksum with the mentioned tool, did the procedure to fit them all togehter. No questions about "repository manager" and no problems anymore.

Thank you!

No Events found!