Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JW

1 Message

July 22nd, 2018 23:00

Dell T30 Fan

Hi,

I'm using a Dell T30 Server and I want to use FAN_SYS1 Connector supply for new Fan.

How I can I do that.

Thank you!

July 26th, 2018 15:00

Hey Johnie Walker,

According to the T30 Owner's Manual, the system only supports one cooling fan.  From what I can tell, the chassis does not have room or a space for additional fan.

T30 Owner's Manual https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/poweredge-t30_owners-manual_en-us.pdf

Looking at the mainboard connectors, there is only one system fan connection, labeled FAN_SYS2.  I do see solder points for what looks like a second fan connector and it's labeled FAN_SYS1, but it does not have the needed molex fan connector.

Cheers.

1 Message

August 24th, 2018 18:00

Alright....let's supposed the entire system has been moved into a much larger case, with many mount points for fans.  Is their a straightforward way of knowing if the four cable/four pin fan(s) are standard?  ...or is there a certain color that is the sensor...which can be used to daisy chain around a case with six PWM Fans?  These are powered by a more powerful PSU than the original of course.  ...and if it matters, in my case I'm using Arctic F12 PWM PST fans.

I've been looking for the answer to this question for weeks, but the overwhelming number of search results relating to 5 pin systems obfuscates the search results.

I literally have my server gathering dust since I reassembled it.  Without PWM, the fans run at full speed.  Far too loud. 

Thanks in advance,

Daniel 

1 Message

March 4th, 2022 14:00

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just added more drives and it needs more cooling.

No Events found!