Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2014 03:00

Dell power edge 1900 fails to boot with lad code 35

My system does not power up but when I press the information button on the lcd panel I get the numbers 35. I think this is not an error message. I can't find out from the manuals what it is.

Can someone help?

• 

6.2K Posts

September 27th, 2014 12:00

I unplugged everything except power cable with no change

You said the fan is not spinning up, and the system does not appear to be trying to turn on? It is not spinning up fans or hard drives?

These are the minimum items required for POST. Make sure everything else is disconnected(Monitors, keyboards, mouse, hard drives, etc).

•System board
•Processor (with heatsink) in socket 1
•One stick of memory in slot 1
•1 power supply
•Control panel (to turn on system)

If you hear the fans spin up with everything disconnected then attach just a monitor and check the status. If there is no change then I would recommend replacing either the system board or control panel. The control panel may not be sending a power on request to the system board properly, or the system board may not be fully functional.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello

My system does not power up but when I press the information button on the lcd panel I get the numbers 35. I think this is not an error message. I can't find out from the manuals what it is.

If the screen is blue then it is not an error. It is informational. The LCD messages have a character length of 5. I am not aware of any 2 digit errors for the LCD. There are some 4 digit errors like E.11, so you need to be very specific in what you are seeing on the LCD.

Based on the information you provided here and in your Twitter post it sounds like you are not getting any video output. I would suggest going minimum to POST. Remove unnecessary external and internal devices from the system. If you still encounter issues after all unnecessary hardware is removed then you will likely need to replace the system board.

Based on the information you have provided that is the best guess I can give. If you have more information then post it and I will take another look.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

One other note on minimum to POST. If you have two CPUs and multiple DIMMs then make sure you test with a different CPU and a different DIMM if the system still fails to POST.

I unplugged everything except power cable with no change

September 28th, 2014 05:00

So far on pressing and holding i button on front lcd panel I have obtained codes B5, 11, 35

September 28th, 2014 05:00

I trie 1 cup and one memory module with no success. No fans or hard disk or anything. Just blue lcd panel at front cycles 'power edge 1900',

September 28th, 2014 06:00

Might the problem be with the power supply? Lcd panel is working but fans and disk don't start.

September 28th, 2014 10:00

Presumably the control panel is the lcd board with the power button at the front. What is the cost? Service tag is HRBX53J

• 

6.2K Posts

Might the problem be with the power supply? Lcd panel is working but fans and disk don't start.

Yes, it is possible that it is an issue with the power supply unit. The reason I suspect either system board or control panel rather than PSU is because you will typically get an error on the PSU, voltage error on the LCD, or the system will receive no power at all when a PSU is faulty.

If I were going to send replacement parts based on the information available I would send both a system board and control panel. Depending on the component costs you may want to order and try just a control panel. That would likely be the least expensive part.

Thanks

What is the cost?

• 

6.2K Posts

September 28th, 2014 11:00

What is the cost?

You will need to call spare parts to check pricing and availability. It is likely that we no longer sell parts for the 1900, so you may have to purchase 3rd party.

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Contact-Information/Sales/sales-phone-numbers

No Events found!