Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 08:00

Dell poweredge 1855- 10blades all have orange light

Hi, Ive got a Poweredge 1855 here but non of the blades will power on, i can get onto the drac's, ive read on-line if the firmware was wrong versions it wouldn't start i, Ive updated them.

the blades persist not to start.

they show a warning triangle in the drac

we have 10 blade's ,warning light flashes in sync with others, single blades do the same in the chassis.

Any help would be good.

• 

8.5K Posts

July 13th, 2016 14:00

OJ99,

Have you noticed if there is any additional amber lights on the enclosure? Specifically the power supplies and the Indication Indicator, located below the chassis power button. Also, are you getting an amber on the module itself, or only from the drac interface?

Lastly, when you stated you updates, how far back was the version it was at, to the version you updated to?

Let me know.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2016 02:00

Hi Chris, firmware wise im not sure what exactly revision was,1.3 ish? but said it was last updated in 2005, its now running the latest available assuming it needs to be done in steps now you've come to mention that?

Firmware is:1.6.0 (build 12.04) on both dracs

They are all green on the rear- fans and psu's and on the front of the enclosure the power button is green,  the blades are flashing a warning and on the drac its showing a warning too.

Kind regards

Oliver.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2016 04:00

Ive also just swapped the PSU's, blades still wont power on.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2016 05:00

just been looking at the chassis, was the two switches on the rear that were making the chassie not work all though the hart beat was showing good.

seems to be working now.

Though one blade failed.

What do i need to get the drac and javas console working also too? (on new stuff)

im accessing the drac via XP currently, with windows 7 or 10  it say i need to turn off TSL witch is off and wont go any futher. any ideas?

thanks for you help though!

No Events found!