Highlighted
2 Iron

Re: Differences in Mezzanine Bridge Cards for PowerEdge C

Mellanox support isn't providing help as I am not their customer and they consider the product to be a Dell product.

So I am back here hoping someone at Dell can tell me where to find the latest firmware for this card.  It has to be available somewhere.

The card has an automated update utility built in but it only works for their own directly sold cards.

Device Type: ConnectX3Pro
Part Number: 03CYRK
Description: MCX384A-BCCA ConnectX-3 Pro Eth; dual port QSFP; 40Gb/s Mezz card for Dell
PSID: DEL1110001023
PCI Device Name: 13:00.0
Port1 MAC: f45214057490
Port2 MAC: f45214057491
Versions: Current Available
FW 2.30.4212 N/A
PXE 3.4.0134 N/A

The firmware for this device is not distributed inside Mellanox driver: 0000:13:00.0 (PSID: DEL1110001023)
To obtain firmware for this device, please contact your HW vendor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

I traced back which the card is compatible with on systems, I only found DSS1500 and DSS7500. And based on the systems, I found:

https://dell.to/3gvSgS8 DSS1500

https://dell.to/2ZEuQ6e DSS7500

I hope this helps. I'm not very verse with DSS or DSC systems, so I'm unsure if the firmware may work on C6320.

Though, the card PN# Y5WKX has the firmware in the download page, you're not planning to use Y5WKX instead?

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Thanks Joey.  I have updated the Y5WKX card from the link posted to Mellanox site but I'm still looking for 3CYRK firmware for 3 other cards.

Unfortunately, however, I don't think the linked downloads in your last post are quite right.  The 3CYRK cards are DeviceID 1007 and SubDeviceID 10 and those are not present in the configuration package and  also there is no firmware file named for that card.  The Dell product ID should be in the filename, I believe, or at least I believe that the SubDeviceID needs to be present in the config.  I think it is likely both should match.

Here's how I am examining them.... under most of these Dell driver pages there are BIN and EXE dowload options, or sometimes a ZIP file labeled as "base drivers for imaging" as in one of your links.   I showed the series of commands I am using to extract from the BIN files (the main command is in format below (see the full sequence a few posts back).....

./Firmware_H6VXH_LN_2.32.5100.BIN --extract H6VXH

That unpacks the BIN into a directory (H6VXH) in above example.

The zip files can of course be examined and the EXE files I have turned to as a last resort have been self extracting archives so those files can also be examined after execution.

So on your most recent links they have nothing for 3CYRK cards are DeviceID 1007 and SubDeviceID 10..

T5Y3H download config file....

<SupportedDevices>
<Device componentID="100577" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0078" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Dual Port 10 GbE KR Blade Mezzanine Card]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="100578" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0079" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Dual Port 40 GbE QSFP+ Network Adapter]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="100579" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0080" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Dual Port 10 GbE DA/SFP+ Network Adapter]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="100857" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0078" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0079" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<PCIInfo deviceID="1003" subDeviceID="0080" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[Family of Server Adapters Firmware]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="103938" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1007" subDeviceID="0080" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Pro Dual Port 10 GbE DA/SFP+ Network Adapter]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="103939" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1007" subDeviceID="0079" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Pro Dual Port 40 GbE QSFP+ Network Adapter]]></Display>
</Device>
<Device componentID="103940" embedded="1">
<PCIInfo deviceID="1007" subDeviceID="0078" subVendorID="15B3" vendorID="15B3"/>
<Display lang="en"><![CDATA[ConnectX-3 Pro Dual Port 10 GbE KR Blade Mezzanine Card]]></Display>
</Device>
</SupportedDevices>

T5Y3H download firmware files.... (3CYRK not present)....

fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_34_5060-019RNV_0YHTD6-FlexBoot-3.4.521-UEFI-14.7.28.bin
 fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_34_5060-02T0WW-FlexBoot-3.4.521-CLP-8006.0.0-UEFI-14.7.28.bin
 fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_34_5060-0C8Y42_0R3F0N-FlexBoot-3.4.521-UEFI-14.7.28.bin
 fw-ConnectX3-rel-2_34_5060-06256K-FlexBoot-3.4.521-CLP-8005-UEFI-14.7.28.bin
 fw-ConnectX3-rel-2_34_5060-08KP6W_0M9NW6-FlexBoot-3.4.521-UEFI-14.7.28.bin
 fw-ConnectX3-rel-2_34_5060-0W0RM9_0Y3KKR-FlexBoot-3.4.521-UEFI-14.7.28.bin

X1T4W zip download contains only one firmware file (for Dell product ID R17HV

fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_35_5100-0R17HV_Ax-FlexBoot-3.4.648-UEFI-14.8.43.bin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm out of idea on how I can search for the firmware. I can see that you have posted on Mellanox's forum on it. Probably one would be able to assist you. 

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

I sincerely appreciate your help, Joey, and that of your associates.  I don't expect the Mellanox people to help.  The support email already told me to post on their boards, and I have seen similar firmware inquiries on their message boards and they pretty much tell the users to contact the manufacturer for any custom firmware.

But there is already another Dell user who replied to the thread over there looking for the exact same firmware.

I have looked at the manuals for the DSS systems you referenced and they don't appear to be compatible with the 3CYRK card.   They look to only have PCIe slots (standard) not mezzanine boards like the 3CYRK.    So I am still unsure of what system this card was sold for, and the way Dell has the firmware organized, it makes it difficult to find any firmware without that information.

Mellanox support has already punted the question over to their community forum but similar forum questions often elicit a response from a Mellanox employee directing users back to the "manufacturer" such as Dell or HPE and telling the user they do not have a support contract.

It's shocking that it is this difficult to find a simple firmware file. I can understand selling premium support if a customer is out of warranty and has a technical question but asking for a firmware isn't really "support" for this type of product. It should only rise to "support" if a customer is asking for assistance to APPLY the update.

We are talking about a product of a vintage (CX3) where we can see there are many available updates still posted... it's just impossible to FIND what is needed (or there has been an oversight and this update is missing).

Hopefully someone at Mellanox will realize how <Profanity removed> the firmware situation is over at Dell and maybe reach out to their contacts to get it fixed. Finding any Mellanox firmware over here is more luck than anything. And that isn't good for the Mellanox brand.

The specific problem is that Dell download pages have no specific identifiers about Dell or Mellanox part numbers for which they apply. The most specific they get is CX3, CX4, pro etc. and maybe speed and number of ports. Further, there is no index of the pages. So it's actually easier to find Mellanox firmware pages at Dell via Google than via Dell Support pages. But without Dell/Mellanox product ID's on the pages, it's random chance that you will find the update you actually need.

0 Kudos