Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 2nd, 2019 19:00

E1229 Vcore Cpu 2 on a power edge r610

So I have this dell r610 server from 2011 and I have been using it ever since and now it randomly crashes and displays a E1229 error saying I have to reseat the cpu, once I did that it booted up like normal into VMware and I thought it was fine, but around 3 hours later it had crashed again. When I looked around the cpu socket no transistors (I have no idea what they are called) where damaged or burnt in anyway I have a 2 xeon e5620 cpus and they are getting upgraded to x5680 I have looked at other posts and they say to replace the motherboard but I have no idea if they cannot boot at all or like my situation it crashes after a couple of hours

• 

8.4K Posts

September 9th, 2019 05:00

I couldn't be certain, as there are several different motherboards listed for that server. If you Private Message me the svc tag, I can look deeper into it knowing the specific part number. Another option would be to contact Spare Parts at 1-800-357-3355. 

• 

8.4K Posts

September 3rd, 2019 06:00

Jozef Bonnar,

While it could be an issue with the motherboard, I would look at a couple other things to test first. First would be to be certain the server is up to date on BIOS, iDrac and Raid controller. After that, if the error persists, then try taking the server to its minimum to post configuration. Minimum to POST is removing everything from the server, but the following devices;

•One power supply
•CPU1 (minimum for troubleshooting)
•System board
•Heat sink for CPU1 for prevention of overheating
•One DIMM for CPU 1
•Control panel
•Control-panel cable
•Riser card

Try powering up and test to see if error reappears.

Let me know what you see.

September 3rd, 2019 08:00

So today my x5670s came and I put both in my server and it did the same thing it just crashed and when I left 1 Cpu in the first slot and it worked all night without crashing and it worked, I left my 2 power supplies in

• 

8.4K Posts

September 6th, 2019 14:00

The issue appears to be the CPU 2 slot, or one of the new procs is bad. Do both work individually in CPU 1? If so then CPU 2 is likely failed.

September 7th, 2019 07:00

They both work flawlessly in cpu 1 slot, How much do you think a motherboard is going to cost 

Uptime: 3.95 days

No Events found!