Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 3rd, 2018 20:00

E2113 Mem Mirror

Upgraded Dell Poweredge T710 from a couple of E5630 processors to a couple of matched X5690 processors.  System is fine and everything is recongized.  

But, when upgrading the processors, I pulled out the memory DIMM in A3, to get a picture of it's label, since I want to upgrade the memory soon too.  I plugged it back in, to the slot from which it came.  I've double checked it's reseated.

Now, I boot fine, get in to Win2008x64R2, everything is working, all memory is there, CPU is seen as the x5690.  Again, Win reports my 24GB of ram and the new processors.

But the intrustion alarm LCD says "E2113 MEM MIRROR OFF ON DIMM B3".  B3?  Didn't even touch B3. When I saw this, I did, on a thought, reseat B3, to no avail after reboot.

I also just now upgraded from 6.5.0 bios to 6.6.0 bios, no luck there either.   Any idea what I need to do to restore the mem mirror it's complaining about?  Thanks so much.

• 

8.8K Posts

August 6th, 2018 08:00

Phelper,

I would power off the server, remove the ac cables, then hold power for 20 seconds. After doing that then remove A3 and verify there is no damage or debris in the slot or with the dimm. Once you do that then swap the removed A3 dimm with another in the server and then restore cables and power to verify if error followed the dimm or stayed at slot A3. 

Let me know.

4 Posts

August 6th, 2018 18:00

Hi Chris, the error did not follow the DIMM.  I swapped A1 and A3, but for some reason it's still complaining about B3.

Thanks!

• 

8.8K Posts

August 7th, 2018 05:00

Sorry I left that out of the reply. Swap B3 with another dimm in the server as well. 

4 Posts

August 7th, 2018 18:00

Swapped the DIMM in B3 and B1, and the error stayed with B3.  Error has always reported B3.

Moved B3 and A3 to B9 and A9 respectively, and despite no memory in B3, the system continued to complain about the unpopulated B3.

A3/A6/A9 & B3/B6/B9 memory removed, system still complaining of error on B3.  

Is there somewhere in BIOS I should be configuring?

Funny thing is, it always fully recognizes my the full amount of memory installed.

• 

8.8K Posts

August 8th, 2018 07:00

Clear the hardware log and then we will clear the NVRAM, you do so by powering down the server and moving the NVRAM jumper seen belowaaaaaa.jpg

Once jumper is moved then add power to clear NVRAM. After done then power down and restore the jumper to its original location. 

Let me know if anything changes.

1 Message

August 7th, 2023 19:00

Hi phelper, The forum may be old, but since you installed the x5690 on the T720, since the x5690 consumes 130w, did you make any changes to the bios so that it would recognize and/or deliver the correct watts? Hopefully you can help me. thank you!

No Events found!