Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2009 03:00

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\intelide.sys issue

Dear Forum,

I know there has been many people with this problem, however I have not been able to find how to solve this!

My computer boots up in MSDOS and fails to complete its boot...it asks me to go to use the previous working condition, safe start up etc and when I try to it comes up with the following;

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\intelide.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt

I used the Spyware Doctor program that most people have used to gain this problem................

I tried to use my reinstall disk but after pressing F8 it still will not start the disc...I have tried to no avail but it still will not work!!!

It allows me to go through MSDOS i.e. F\: etc but I do not know how to work MSDOS.....please can you help me before it costs me a fortune speaking on the telephoned to Microsoft to remedy the fault?????????? :emotion-9:

Please help me...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

9.3K Posts

November 17th, 2009 06:00

You posted under the PowerEdge BIOS/Firmware section.

Which PowerEdge model do you have (that it uses an ide driver), and which version of Windows? (2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2)

5 Posts

November 17th, 2009 07:00

Dear Dev Mgr,

I do not understand Power Edge model....my windows is Vista Home

I also know I posted under the BIOS as I thought it would be relevant here...sorry!

Thanks!

9.3K Posts

November 17th, 2009 10:00

Try posting under desktops or laptops and list which model desktop or laptop you have.

You're more likely to get an answer/solution in the appropriate section of hardware.

1 Message

January 17th, 2013 22:00

I have the same problem as the above description. on wndows boot i get a black window. it states a recent hardware or software change might be the cause

to fix the problem: it gives me a few options. after trying each option, I get the same black window again. Info: windows failed to load because a critical sytem

driver is missng, or corrupt, Can you tell me what to do. windows passed all of its dionogstics tests. nothing seems to be corrupted, or missing. can you please

advise me.

1 Rookie

• 

897 Posts

January 18th, 2013 12:00

I highly suggest you speak to tech support about this so they can walk you through the process of attempting to fix this. Doing this via a forum can take a lot of time and could cause  you to lose data.

No Events found!