Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2015 14:00

Having trouble installing Windows Server 2003 drivers with USBKeyPrepF6 for a PE2850 REBUILD

I need to rebuild a PE 2850 with Windows Server STD 2003, and I can't get the server to read a USB flash drive as a floppy. I am trying to use the program USBKeyPrepF6 but something in the process keeps corrupting the USB drive. The one time it looked like the program worked the server could not read the flash drive. I have enabled the Floppy USB option in the server bios. I have used this program once before with a different driver, and a different server, a PE 1950 but i can't get it to work this time.

I am using a Windows 7 computer. The flash drive gets corrupted at some point because Windows can't read it anymore and i get prompted to format the drive. The only way i can get the drive formated is by using DIKSPART from a command window.

This PE2850 has a floppy drive, but i can't get it to read a floppy either.

Any suggestions? Trying to reuse old hardware here...

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2015 14:00

Don't use the USBKeyPrep utility ... or floppy. Use nLiteOS.com to integrate the drivers into your installation media instead. Or use a modern OS.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2015 11:00

Thank you for this information "Theflash1932" nLiteOS worked as promised I made a Windows2003 iso with service pack 2, and the SCSI adapter drivers i needed and the installation  worked perfectly.

No Events found!