Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 18th, 2017 13:00

How do I monitor the hardware in a Dell T5600, specifically the PERC H710P and it's drives?

I have a Windows 7 x64 workstation and I would like to have the local OS be able to monitor the PERC H710P and it's drives for possible errors or malfunctions. I tried installing Dell Open Manage Server Administrator v8.4 which installs fine, but I am unable to login to it. I've tried every combination of userid/password I can think of but I always get "login failed". Oddly enough, if I click on "Manage Web Server", I can login with no problems. This is apparently a well known issue with OMSA and I have yet to find anyone who has come up with a working workaround (spent 2 days looking for solutions and tried everything suggested. Nothing works).

I am not looking to monitor the local hardware with "Dell Command | Monitor" as it requires external servers.

I've seen posts about the Dell H710P being the equivalent of an LSI card and using Megaraid to manage and monitor it, but LSI is no more so finding the appropriate software is not easy. 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 19th, 2017 06:00

I think there are a few workarounds on these forums someplace, but OMSA is not designed for client OS's.

LSI was purchased by Broadcom:

https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/host-bus-adapters/sas-9211-8i#downloads

The MegaRAID Storage Manager is what you are looking for (MSM).

No Events found!