Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2013 16:00

How to get blade Names to show on m100e

Hi,

We cannot seem to get the trick right to get Blade Names, which are populated in the Server Overview/Setup/Slot Names, to show correctly on the front page of the M1000e (LHS of the Chassis page).

We have ticked Use Host Name for the Slot Name (if available).

So as an example: Hostname = localhost, Slotname = MyLinuxServer

On the Chassis Server Overview (LHS of the page, it shows localhost. We want the MyLinuxServer name to show.

Some servers seem to show the registered Hostname for the O/S OK (eg some (not all) Windows boxes). Others just come up with local host as the Hostname or localhost.pen.apac.dell.com as the Hostname.

Is there a trick to get all the Hostnames registered OK so that they show correctly in the Overview?

thx,

John Bradshaw

• 

6.2K Posts

January 31st, 2013 17:00

Hello John

I suspect that this is an OMSA issue. Is OMSA installed on all of the servers? Do the servers that are not reporting host names correctly have anything in common, like the same OS or an OS that is not fully compatible with OMSA? Also, check out pages 85 and 86 in the CMC guide and make sure the host names meet the naming conventions of the CMC:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/smdrac3/cmc/cmc4_2/en/ug/pdf/cmcug_en.pdf

Thanks

183 Posts

February 15th, 2013 08:00

Also, are the FW versions the same on each blade?

Run this command and compare versions:

racadm getversion

743 Posts

February 14th, 2013 11:00

Bump

• 

6.2K Posts

February 14th, 2013 11:00

Bump

If you need further assistance then please provide answers to my previous questions.
Thanks

743 Posts

February 14th, 2013 12:00

Hi Daniel,

Thx for the reply.

OMSA is installed (7.2 for Windows).

Servers might have simple names like MyServer1 and Myserver2. Only Myserver1 will show correctly.. Myserver2 will come up with LocalHost. Built at the same time with same Windows s/ware (2008R2), same OMSA etc.

It seems to be so random as to what servers show correctly and which ones do not. I'll try re-installing OMSA on a few of the rogues and see what I find.

JB

183 Posts

February 15th, 2013 08:00

I am not 100% sure how the CMC gets the hostname but the idrac has something to do with it.

If you run the following command locally on each blade do you get the correct hostname?

racadm getsysinfo | find /i "host"

• 

6.2K Posts

February 17th, 2013 13:00

I did an upgrade to Chassis 4.30 a week ago and maybe that sorted the issue.

Thanks for the update!

743 Posts

February 17th, 2013 13:00

Thx mate.

Well I don't know what happeened, but they all seem OK now. I did an upgrade to Chassis 4.30 a week ago and maybe that sorted the issue.

Thx all for your input

JB

No Events found!