PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 05-24-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

How to shut down and restart T310

Hello everyone,

We purchased a dental office that came with T310. This is out of warranty and service phone call with Dell is very expensive. We need this or a server on site for day to day operations. I am very new to using server. Firstly it is showing F1211 Raid Controller Battery on the display. Next, the start menu is not working - meaning when I click on start menu it doesn't do anything. Yes mouse is working fine because it can open folders on server. So in order to change the raid controller battery I need to do safe shut down. Do not want to do hard reset with power button and can't take a chance of loosing all the data. Please help. TIA.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

To “RUN” -> Windows key +R /  you can type in CMD

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

View solution in original post

Replies (10)
Dell Technologies

You can shutdown the server using command. You can refer below link for various options available. For shutdown command is shutdown /s

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/shutdown 

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Thank you. I will try that.

Does these shut commands should be entered at DOS prompt? I tried while the server is on desktop but no use. TIA.

Dell Technologies

You need to run on command prompt

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

ok thanks. i will try that.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I tried to enter cmd prompt, either the search option or start button does not do anything after I click on them. So whats the next step?

To “RUN” -> Windows key +R /  you can type in CMD

DELL-Young E
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Thanks everyone who suggested various options to shutdown my server. This opens up my next question - why is the 'Start' button on windows is not working either with the mouse or keyboard?

Hi, then could you please try to search something like this? This isn't a Dell material, so I'm just trying to give you an example. https://dell.to/3lGKtW5

DELL-Young E
#IWork4Dell

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor