Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 20th, 2017 23:00

Intel HD Graphics P530 system memory usage in PowerEdge T30

Team,

How much system memory is used by the Intel HD Graphics P530 video card in my PowerEdge T30?  How can I change the amount?  Usually, this is done in the BIOS but there aren't any options for it.

Thanks!

Brad

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 21st, 2017 10:00

Hello.

Review the specificatios of the  Intel HD Graphics P530 video card  to asceratin the minimum required memory. You can then add memory to the server based on the minimum value. I don't believe the amount of memory is assigned from the BIOS, required memory is drawn from the system memory.

4 Posts

June 21st, 2017 11:00

Hey Robert,

Where is the minimum required memory information available?  I've looked on the Dell and Intel websites but I can't find this information specified anywhere.  Somewhere the system has to know how much system memory to reserve for the graphics card.  I need Dell's help to track this down.

Thanks for your help!

Brad

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 13:00

There is always dedicated graphics memory. Beyond this amount, system memory will be shared. I have looked at the users' guide and haven't been able to get defined values. If you have the graphics installed, I believe memory information can be obtained from the  adapter information in the Display Settings item in Control Panel

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 19:00

Thanks Robert, but I'm not running Windows.  I'm running VMWare ESXi 6.5.  I was able to find the video memory size (16MB) by running the shell command below on the server.

esxcfg-info

Regards,

Brad

No Events found!