Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2013 07:00

Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Ethernet card is not recognized by T620

Hi,

We recently bought a supplementary ethernet card to our PowerEdge T620 server which is not recognized at all. It is not found by Linux OS and no trace in sys inventory as well. The card is well placed into the slot and looks alright, green LEDs blink at startup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gábor

6 Posts

November 11th, 2013 03:00

Problem finally solved. Our machine is a one-CPU setup so PCIe slots on the bottom part of mother board is ignored.

I only needed to place the card to an upper slot and now it's working like a charm.

With regards,

Gábor

6 Posts

October 29th, 2013 08:00

This is a secondary card, not bought directly from Dell. Is it possible that a server grade PCIe card is not supported by the T620 mainboard?

Thanks,

Gábor

990 Posts

October 29th, 2013 08:00

What is the part number on the card?  I am only showing 1 valid Intel dual port card 7MJH5  for this server.

Regards,

6 Posts

October 29th, 2013 10:00

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It has only one processor and only four PCIe slots as well. I tried to put the card to different slots. No luck yet. The only feedback is the short green light blinks when the machine boots up. It gives me hope that the card itself is not dead. Anyway this is the replacement card as I sent back the former suspecting that it was damaged / not working.

So I still believe I can make it work. Perhaps a mainboard BIOS upgrade might help, what do you think?

Regards,

Gabor

990 Posts

October 29th, 2013 10:00

Does this server have 1 or 2 processors? If it only has 1, then slots 1-4 are only available.  I would also test it in another server to see if the card is actually working.  

Regards,

990 Posts

October 29th, 2013 13:00

I would bring the server current as far as the bios and iDRAC\ESM  are concerned.   Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

6 Posts

October 29th, 2013 15:00

Thanks,

Gabor

6 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 21:00

Hi,

After a massive FW / BIOS upgrade process everything remained in the same state. The additional ethernet card is still not recognized and the major issue with the built-in one still persists.

Please advise,

Gábor

No Events found!