Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 28th, 2020 07:00

Login failed with access denied error after upgrading iDRAC 7 to 2.65.65.65

Hello, 

I recently upgraded my two PowerEdge R720's to iDRAC 7 firmware version 2.65.65.65.  The upgrade process on both went smoothly, but now I am unable to access the virtual console for one of the servers.  When I try to load it I get a Login failed with access denied error message.  I am able to login to the web interface and I tried creating a new admin user but that didn't make a difference. Anyone have any ideas of things I can do to troubleshoot this error?

Thanks,

Raymond

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 1st, 2020 03:00

Hello @RNorthcott,

This iDRAC update contains a fix for a security vulnerability. So this is probable the reason why you are getting this message.

So the problem appears when you try to use the Virtual Console on the iDRAC? But the access to the iDRAC works correctly? Right?

First thing I would like you to try is to ping -t the iDRAC IP and proceed to reset the iDRAC: How to reset the internal Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) on a PowerEdge server?

The ping -t will let you know when you can try to reconnect to the iDRAC.

Please, proceed to this operation and let me know the result.

Regards.

April 1st, 2020 06:00

Yes that is correct.  I have access to the web interface, but not the virtual console.

I tried resetting the idrac one last time and despite not working previously it has decided to work this time.  Strange how that happens, but fixed is fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Raymond

1 Message

September 14th, 2020 11:00

hello,
It's been 5 days now since I updated my r620 powerEdge to 2.65.65.65 and I cannot, even after several reboots, access the virtual console.

I tested what to advise you but hey here
the bios is on 2.9 if that helps.

• 

3.3K Posts

September 14th, 2020 11:00

Hello Jo_Em,

I'm sorry to see the virtual console is not launching. To be able to use the virtual console the iDRAC must have an Enterprise license.  You may already have this.  Check in the iDRAC GUI in to top banner; does it say Enterprise?

Provided you do have the Enterprise license there are a few things to try:
 • Reboot the DRAC -  When you log into the DRAC GUI on the main page in the right hand column choose Reset DRAC  (this is a reboot, it does not reset any configuration)
 • Clear browser cache
 • Try different browser
 • Try different plug in for virtual console : Native, Java, HTML5

Please let me know how it goes.

No Events found!