Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KJ

1 Rookie

• 

12 Posts

June 11th, 2019 09:00

Opensuse Leap

I have a Dell server with a Boss card with 2 X 240gb set to Raid 1. Also I have 4 HDD's set to Raid 10 . I want to install opensuse leap onto the server. I want to install the opensuse OS onto the boss card and use the HDD's purely for storage. I may run Windows 10 as a VM in the future. I am having serious problems installing it. When I install the OS on the boss card everything seems to get saved to the boss card ( pics, movies etc), which I don't want. What do I have to do to make sure that movies, docs etc are saved to the hdd and not the boss card. I am a newbie to Linux so basically have no clue.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 11th, 2019 11:00

Hello,

Before we get started, how many users are you needing to have for the server? The way you'd approach the problem may be different for 1 user vs 100. If it's a large group of people, it may be better to manage this at the group level. If it's just you for something like a home media server, you can do this for an individual user. You could copy all the data to the desired location, then modify the user settings to make sure the system knows the locations have been changed. 

I'm happy to go into further detail with you, but I'd like to know which approach you need. I haven't used Suse before, but I'm sure we can get it figured out.

No Events found!