Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 22:00

PE R710 not powering

I have a couple R710 that I built 1 CPU, 16 Gig , 2 870W power. When I plug in the power the server goes on stand by mode. No errors on the LCD. I have same set up on a different unit Working fine.I tried swapping the memory , power supplies, CPU and no luck with the 4 units. When the unit goes on stand by mode the hard drive , power button LEDs flickers every second. You can also see the fan turning then stop. I am running out of options. Please help me figure how to power this units. Thank you.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 25th, 2013 07:00

KnightMatu,

What do you mean when you refer to "Standby Mode"? What appears on the screen? As well as the LCD?

What I would start by trying is to take the server to a Minimum to Post configuration. That is taking everything from the server but the following;

System board  // Risers // Processor (CPU1) with Heatsink // 1 Power Supply // One stick of memory in slot A1 // Control Panel with cable

Boot with that configuration and let me know if the server POSTs normally. Let me know how it goes.

8 Posts

July 25th, 2013 22:00

The iOS nothing showing on the screen. The unit is not fully powering.

8 Posts

July 25th, 2013 22:00

I tried what you suggested wIth no luck. All four units will not power up seems like there is not enough power going through. The LCD powers up and I can do the minimal set up. I have no clue what's going on.

Is there a voltage regulator cutting the power through?

• 

8.8K Posts

July 30th, 2013 07:00

Do you have another R710 with know good power supplies to test the server with?

July 17th, 2015 09:00

I seem to be having the same issue as the above.

Both power supplies work, fan will start up be stops running quickly.

Power button does not have light to is, but the LCD screen lights up.

Any resolution?

No Events found!