Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

June 7th, 2019 10:00

PSU Light flashes Green Constantly PowerEdge R720

Hello,

I have a PowerEdge Server R720. The power supply was flashing green without switching or stopping. Therefore I decided to buy two PSU of the same capacity like the ones already installed. They also keep flashing green. It won't matter if I have two or one power supply installed. IT always flashes Green. I'm using the type of power on both PSU. Is there anyway to reset the server after installing the new PSU? The power light doesn't turn on and If I try to turn it on, it flashes green as well. In the past it also displayed a low voltage warning. But now the Power doesn't even come on.

Any ideas please!

I just want a working server, I don't care If I have to install everything all over.

Thank you Kindly!

• 

6.2K Posts

June 7th, 2019 12:00

Hello

There is a section in the manual that explains the diagnostic indicators. Page 19 has information about a flashing green light on a PSU. It indicates the power supplies are mismatched. Either the power supplies are different or the input voltage is different between them.

http://www.dell.com/support/

If the issue persists after swapping power supplies, verifying input voltage, and verifying the power supplies are the same then the issue is likely with another component in the power subsystem. The power supplies are auto-ranging, so if the input voltage is outside of range tolerance then the two power supplies will be mismatched. For instance, if one PSU is receiving 120v and the other is receiving 105v it will likely cause a mismatch.

The next likely component would be the power distribution board. The power distribution board is integrated into the system board in many of our newer servers. The power distribution board is what the power supplies connect to inside the server. If they connect directly to the system board then the PDB is integrated.

Thanks

No Events found!