LariatO
1 Nickel

PoweEdge R620 LRDIMM configuration

Jump to solution

What is the minimum number of 64GB LRDIMM that I can use for my 2 processor r620 for upgrade?

Thanks,  Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: PoweEdge R620 LRDIMM configuration

Jump to solution

Yes, that should be a valid configuration. I think there are four memory channels on the R620, so the best population would be {1,2,3,4}{5,6,empty,empty} on each side. You can verify the channel configuration in the manual. The R620 has the flexible memory feature, so there are many memory configurations that will likely work.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello

The system should POST with a single module in slot A1, but that configuration should only be used for troubleshooting. Two modules in A1,B1 should be a valid configuration. It is recommended to install memory in pairs at a minimum, so four modules populated in slots 1,2 on both lanes would be the minimum recommended configuration. You can find memory population rules in the manual on the system support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger

LariatO
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel and thank you for the answer.

So, for example, a 12 X LRDIMM 64GB QR is a valid configuration, isn't it?

In this case, 6 memory slots per CPU would be populated.

Thank you very much,

Martin

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes, that should be a valid configuration. I think there are four memory channels on the R620, so the best population would be {1,2,3,4}{5,6,empty,empty} on each side. You can verify the channel configuration in the manual. The R620 has the flexible memory feature, so there are many memory configurations that will likely work.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger

LariatO
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Great. Thanks again Daniel!

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos