Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2015 11:00

PowerEdge C6100 + Crucial MX100s

I bought a PowerEdge C6100 off of EBAY: DELL POWEREDGE C6100 XS23-TY3 24B 8 x SIX CORE L5640 192GB NO HDD

I put some Crucial MX100 drives in and I cannot see them within the bios.  I do not have a RAID controller.

Can someone please explain what I should do next?  I do not see the Ctrl-R option.  I have tried ACHI, IDE, and other options within the bios.

Please let me know if anyone has any solutions...

• 

8.8K Posts

March 16th, 2015 08:00

MikeGuidry504,

Could you do me a favor and confirm the drive sizes(2.5 or 3.5), the way they are cabled, as well as what is installed. With the CTRL-R, if there is no controller installed in the server then this prompt will not be displayed.

Lastly, there should be a jumper on the backplane, what is it set to?

Let me know what you see.

March 18th, 2015 02:00

Hey Chris,

2.5inch and there arent any cables.. It goes directly into one of the 24 trays.  I tried another drive and it didnt have a green lit.. at least there is a green lit!  

I am not at the office at the moment but another drive had a place for a jumper that I didn't have (the one that wasnt evne green).. I don't know if the Crucial ones have a jumper, but if so I doubt it has anything across it.

If you mean backplane on something else, then I don't quite understand.

Thank you so much fro your response!

P.S.  I upgraded the bios on one of the servers and i'm having the same troubles..

March 18th, 2015 12:00

I am trying with a new drive.. Intel SSD 730 Series 2.5inch 480gb.. and it is green as well and no drive in bios... 

Bios firmware: 1.71 / 9/17/13

BMC Firmware: 1.33

PIC Firmware: 0114

service tag:  <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Any suggestions? :(

i have to leave town tomorrow and was hoping to set this up before...

No Events found!