Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2016 11:00

PowerEdge R230 cannot update the firmware

Just purchased a new R230 and trying to setup. One of the steps is Update the Firmware. We do not use Windows, so I downloaded the firmware file Firmware_635G9_WN64_2.23_A00-00.EXE from the product support site to my laptop. I then from Firefox on my laptop logged into the iDRAC on the server. I went to iDRAC Settings -> Update and Rollback and uploaded the file. After I upladed the file I got the following Status: Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is for a component that is not in the target system inventory. How do I update the firmware?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 6th, 2016 14:00

Hello

I don't think the backplane is a supported device to update through the iDRAC/LCC. If your operating system does not have supported updates then you can use our Support Live Image to run the updates from. The RHEL updates should work from the SLI:

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/Enterprise-Tools/support-live-image

Thanks

No Events found!