Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2015 09:00

PowerEdge T320 Memory compatable

hi

i got a T320 Server with single processor i has 4GB RAM, i want to expand the memory at least to 16GB.

Is there a list of compatable memory modules which can be used

here is one example

HMT31GR7BFR4C-PB   Hynix

M393B1G70QH0-YK0 samsung

HP 605313-071   Micron  

Also can if i can get the memory from 510 Poweredge Servers can use here.

thank you

bhu

• 

8.4K Posts

October 20th, 2015 06:00

Out of the group you listed, the only one that looks like it could be compatible would be the Hynix. Plus when looking at dimms for the R510, there is a shared dimm, but it is a 2GB. I don't see any other cross compatible ones listed. So it may be up to trial and error on the ones you have. 

Also you can mix memory brands, as dimm populations can be different as long as the population rules for each socket and mode are followed.

• If dimms of different speeds are mixed, all channels across all CPUs operate at the slowest dimm's common frequency.
  • Only one type of dimm is allowed per system: UDIMM or RDIMM. They cannot be mixed.
  • The first dimm slot in each channel is color-coded with white ejection tabs for ease of identification.
  • Rank Sparing and Mirroring
  • Dimms must be installed in each channel starting with the Dimm farthest from the processor. Dimms should be installed with the largest rank count to the smallest. For example, if DR are mixed with SR Dimms, the DRs should be placed in the lowest Dimm slots then the SR Dimms.

Here are a couple part numbers if needed.

D65JJ - 4GB 1600MHz 2RX8

CPX35 - 8GB 1600MHz 2RX4 Low Voltage

• 

8.4K Posts

October 19th, 2015 12:00

CallBHU,

To best answer that question I would need you to clarify the specific dimms you have installed. If they are Udimms, then we wouldn't be able to suggest Rdimms as they're not cross compatible.

Let me know and we can go form there. 

2 Posts

October 19th, 2015 13:00

currently it has only 4GB MT9KSF51272PZ-1G6E2HF in it.

i remove what is there and go with a new set to reach the 16GB and later to 64GB.

that is why i wanted to find out if i cam mix and match with different brands.

-bhu

No Events found!