Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2016 15:00

PowerEdge VRTX convert from Tower mode to Rack mode instructions

Enclosure Owners Manual only shows conversion for left front and right front ears. Does not show conversion for left rear and right rear? How does the rear of the VRTX attach to the rack?

• 

6.2K Posts

January 14th, 2016 09:00

Hello

The ears do not function to hold the VRTX in a rack. The conversion kits purpose is to remove obstructions like the feet/rollers from the VRTX to allow it to slide into a rack. The kit also changes out some of the front control panels to make them easier to read and access when installed in a rack. The VRTX is not held in by the front panels/ears or any rear panel/ears. The VRTX requires that rails be attached to hold it into a rack. I don't think there is a conversion kit that includes rails. You will likely need to purchase rails separately.

Thanks

28 Posts

July 6th, 2017 14:00

If you have converted your Tower Enclosure to a Rack Mount would you be interested in selling the Tower Enclosure panels?

Thank you,

Bill Scott

October 31st, 2017 07:00

I have converted 2 VRTX chassis from tower to rack and have the complete panel set and foot set with all hardware.  

28 Posts

October 31st, 2017 08:00

Ryan,

Please let me know what you would like for them. I am definitely interested.

28 Posts

November 3rd, 2017 09:00

Ryan,

Following up, please let me know a price to purchase.

29 Posts

November 23rd, 2017 14:00

Ryan,

I am also looking for a panel/foot set.

Please PM me with your price and paypal.

Thanks!

28 Posts

November 24th, 2017 12:00

Ryan,

I've been waiting for a response from you for a couple months now. If you have the enclosures and are looking to sell would applicate details as I am interested in purchasing.

Thank you,

Bill

November 24th, 2017 13:00

Help me out to know how to PM you.  I still have the two sets of VRTX feet,  side panel, and front bezels.  I'd love to get rid of them as they are not of any use to me.  Price will be $150.00 per set.  email me at  and we can make arrangements.

29 Posts

November 24th, 2017 14:00

Hi Mr. Ryan,

Ive also reached out via email. Please check your spam if you do not see it, from . (Christopher Bruce).

Thanks.

28 Posts

November 24th, 2017 14:00

Ryan,

I have reached out to you directly at the provided email.

12 Posts

July 20th, 2018 12:00

Ryan,

Do you still have the tower components?

Thank you,

Bill

No Events found!