Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

5 Posts

December 4th, 2018 07:00

Poweredge R510 - Bios Upgrade issues

HI

When I boot one of our Dell PE R510's it says in the corner Bios 1.10 but their is no Dell branding like prior to 1.10 (ie the Dell logo doing memory tests).

the iDrac 6 enterprise Web Interface sometimes shows no bios version or 1.5

I'm trying to upgrade to 1.12 to fix some issues we have and it can't get it to upgrade.  I've been trying for days.

The Server runs Centos 7

What I've tried:

Download 1.12 Bios From:

When I execute the file This happens:

Running validation...

BIOS

The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version.
Software application name: BIOS
Package version: 1.12.0
Installed version:

Continue? Y/N:y
Executing update...
WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE!
Device: BIOS
  Application: BIOS
  Enough contiguous physical memory is not available to perform the BIOS update running under this Operating System. Reboot and try again.

[root@10.0.0.9 /]# ^C

I also downloaded a ISO and booted from it, it upgraded all firmwares but no bios.

I then re-downloaded the 1.10 version disk creator tool and created a bios boot ISO.  but this happened:

I've also manually tried reinstalling life cycle controller firmware which was successful but didn't help us to upgrade the bios.

December 4th, 2018 07:00

i managed to fix this i did the iso again but added /FORCETYPE

this force reinstalled the 1.10 bios

I could then upgrade to 1.14

• 

8.5K Posts

December 4th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag? If it is an OEM system it may use a different BIOS file.

No Events found!