Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2011 10:00

Pweregde 2800 Amber Light Blinking

I have a PE 2800. the front LCD display is Amber but no error codes are displayed. The amber led in rear is blinking. All fans are running, and the power supplies and drives show green leds. Any thoughts?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 18th, 2011 11:00

If your LCD is not working properly, then go to OpenManage Server Administrator in the OS and open the Hardware Logs to view the source of the error/amber light.

8 Posts

November 8th, 2011 23:00

I am having a similar issue however I have no OS installed and no OpenManage software disks. I can only see the CD-Rom drive but i cannot boot from it with a Linux disk. Ideas?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 9th, 2011 08:00

If you cannot boot to a Linux disk, then your CD is bad or your CD drive is bad.  (Or your system could have some other major issue.)

Where does it fail when booting a Linux disk?

Using this Linux disk, you will be able to view the Hardware Log in Server Administrator:

linux.dell.com/.../omsa-54-040308.iso

8 Posts

February 8th, 2012 15:00

How do you go about that I have attempted to use this image with little success what are the steps I need to take to get to the SA logs.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 8th, 2012 18:00

Without knowing where it is failing, it's hard to give much detail.  With the ISO listed above, you download it, burn it to CD using special software capable of creating a CD from an ISO file, boot to it, login as directed in the setup, open Server Administrator to view the logs.

No Events found!