Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 6th, 2022 15:00

R350 iDrac settings not saving/No GUI Access

got an R350 which has been updated to latest firmware but cannot access iDrac. Im able to ping the address but the site is unreachable through different browsers. In the iDrac settings, any change i make and attempt to save is followed by a critical error "Saving Changes An error occurred. One or more setting may not be saved". Ive also reset iDrac to factory defaults which completes but the error keeps happening anytime I save an iDrac settings. Also tried the other 2 LOM ports and downgrading/upgrading idrac which is currently at 6.00.02.00. I attempted racadm to reset iDrac but the default password will not work. Not sure what else to try. Very strange that I can ping the address but not access it. Any help is appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

October 6th, 2022 19:00

Are you getting any error during POST? Can you try SSH to iDRAC and see whether it works. You can also AC power cycle the server by removing the power cable and check the behavior. 

Default password will not work if server is ordered with secured password. In such cases password will b available in information tag. You can refer below link for more details on this

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000133536/dell-poweredge-what-is-the-default-username-and-password-for-idrac 

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 7th, 2022 08:00

No errors during POST. I can SSH to iDrac but password is not accepted. This system has a secure password tag but will not work. Also tried AC power cycle and removing the CMOS overnight but no luck. Below is the error I receive anytime i attempt to save a change in iDrac, always the same error but the Question Prompt changes.

.idrac error r350.jpg

1 Message

January 4th, 2023 11:00

Had this exact error on a C6620 (sled server), it has a NIC inside that services the idrac and LOM on the same port. Replacing this to another allowed access to the idrac MAC afterwards, and allowed the system to pull a DHCP address. On your system, I doubt that is possible, so you may just need to replace the Motherboard. C6620_idrac_hii_ifrnvdata_enable_NIC.JPG

No Events found!