Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

April 26th, 2018 05:00

R530 heat sink

Good morning,

I've bought a powerEdge R530 without CPU, Power unit, and Ram for self building.

In my previous R530 which was bought in complete set was been preinstalled 8XH97 heat sink. But now I wonder why it's not listed in official Dell store?

The 412-aaff heat sink is listed as compatible, but does it really fit to r530 case? It looks too tall and I'm not shure I would be able to install black plastic cover back.

Thanks in advance.

311 Posts

April 26th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

PN 8XH97 is the heat sick for the R530. The 5 digit PN 8XH97 is what is used for the parts replacement inventory. Parts may or may not be refurbished.Once a part is removed from packaging, it can no longer be labeled as new. 412-AAFF is the PN used for sales and does reference back to 8XH97.

Let me know if that helps,

3 Posts

April 26th, 2018 22:00

Hi, thanks for your replay.

I'm stuck at comparing the shape of 8XH97 which I have and the picture of 412-AAFF.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdr4&sku=412-aagf

So, I wonder, am I be able to install such a tall heat sink with plastic cover?

Also, I can't find the manual how this heat sink could be installed because I don't see any screws there.

Thanks a lot.

311 Posts

April 30th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

The link to the user guide is

http://www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/servicetag/4krtw52/manuals.

Check page 126 for the heat sink installation instructions.

I believe the plastic cover you are speaking of is the cooling shroud. Check on page 70 on how to install.

If the heat sink was purchased from Dell, there should be a 20 digit id number on the label. It will start with 2 alpha characters. Please provide if available.

Thanks,

3 Posts

May 7th, 2018 01:00

Hi, 

I didn't buy new heat sink yet.

I'm just trying to choose the correct one.

fig 1fig 1I wonder if I had this heat sink in my previous r530 (fig 1)

But on the Dell web site there is only 412-AAGF which is marked as compatilble to r530 (fig 2)

fig 2fig 2

So, I need help to understand: How can I install such a tall heat sink with such unusual mount in my 2-unit r530?

Am I be able to install back a cooling shroud?

Thanks in advance.

311 Posts

May 8th, 2018 11:00

Hi,

@XTimerwrote:

I wonder if I had this heat sink in my previous r530 (fig 1)

This is PN  8XH97. To verify if this shipped on your other R530 go to dell.com/support and put in the service tag. You can then check the parts list of what shipped with the server.

I have no explanation as to why 412-aaff is shown on the Dell website. As mentioned before, the 2 part numbers cross reference. PN  8XH97 is the one that would be shipped from the spare parts inventory. 412-aaff is not oderable.

Hope that helps.

No Events found!